What is it?
Literature evangelism is done by visiting people in diverse communities and sharing Christ-focused books. These books will nurture and challenge them physically, mentally and spiritually. Youth Rush is a spiritual experience, praying between every door. Meeting people at doors gives students incredible opportunities to touch lives.
What does it look like?
Youth Rush works Sunday-Thursday for ten weeks, during the summer. After brunch, worship, and training, students hit the streets, offering people books and free community services, including Bible studies. Teams go out together, each with their own trained leader. On our days off we relax, do laundry and have fun. Sabbaths are for resting with God and sharing our experiences with people.
Is it safe?
Safety is our first priority in these programs. We have many precautions doing door-to-door work.
- We use construction grade safety radios on students at all times,
- Students aren’t allowed to go into homes without a leader
- Students work with other students across the street
- The leaders always know where everyone is at and work with them regularly
- Students are required to wear modest apparel primarily for this reason.